1. To login into the forum, use the GAMESinFLAMES Account you created on your first login into the game.
    Dismiss Notice

Wars balance

Discussion in 'Game Suggestions' started by Nyxa, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Nyxa

Nyxa Active Member

There are a few sugestions to Nation balance and thats something that should have very high priority at the moment, but i think also the wars themself need also alot of balance, because they are very close connected to the nation balance.

The wars depend only on playerbase and since we dont have a big playerbase and the playerbase that we have, is not distributed evenly on different nations, the wars become very boring/one sided.

My suggestion is made of 2 steps:
    Step 1: Add a restriction on how many players can join a war. For an example a 1:2 rating would already improve the fights alot. That means if nation 1 has 2 ppl in war, nation 2 can only have max 4 players. if nation 1 gets one more player to the fight (3 ppl), nation 2 is alowed to have 6 ppl in war. if nation 2 has 6 ppl in the war, nation 1 is allowed to have max 12 ppl. And so on, ofc also maxed for both teams at 15 ppl. That restriction could also be only activated if the playernumber in one team is higher than 5, i think there are alot of ways how to optimize that. But i think its pointless to let ppl fight wars with a 1:7 or 1:10 rating. In long term that destroys the fun of both teams.

Step 2: Add bots to the team that has less players in the fight. Or maybe even give the whole war with low participant number bots on each side, lets say to fill up the slots 1-5 in every team. every new player that join the fight remove the bot and take his place. I think many of u know that kind of bot system from counterstrike. The bots dont need a badass KI or something like that, just give them some moderate stats so they are not just food in the war and let them attack towers/enemies like in arena. The bots could be even armed with the dark/light skill stones, so they are a little special and brings with their special abilitys some variety to the fights. By adding some bots to the fights that will get action even to small scale fights.

I think these 2 steps would improve the wars balance and withit also the fun alot (war rewards and motivation still need to be better!). Also that would be a way how to deal with the low playerbase, because if the ppl who are still playing the game, have still good wars, even if mixed with bots/players, these players will keep playing and when new ppl join the game, the playerbase will grow.

2. esv

esv Member

The AI in the game is pretty bad, so unless that gets tuned then I dont recommend bots as they're just free SP. Otherise I think it's ok, but sounds potentially abusable.

3. Nyxa

Nyxa Active Member

Thats why bots should have some moderate stats and not nearly no stats at all like the bots in arena. About abuse, well, every feature can be abused if not done well and also every way of abuse can be fixed. So thats just a minor problem, even if i dont see any good way to abuse here. Maybe u can call some as example?

4. esv

esv Member

Regardless of the bots having good stats, it sounds like a lot of work on that and I doubt they'll really amount to much more than free SP. I dont think abusable was really the right word. More like harmful.

Lets say green has 2 players fighting, that means 4 blue could fight while the rest of the playerbase in blue can't participate. That's boring for blue. or if 4-5 red fight, 8-10 blue can and players still get left out based on another nations weaknesses. While it can help out the balance in war, I really just see it excluding newer guys from war as well. Those are the players who need the medals the most.

Personally, I'd much rather see winning a war relying less on players and more on other mechanics like siege tanks or jungle mobs.

5. Nyxa

Nyxa Active Member

But thats exactly why fights would also be much better and balanced. If 2 green and 4 blue has a better experience in the fight, they will start a new war after the current one. With wars continue, there is a big chance that another green come online and join the fight, so its a war for 3 green and 6 blue. Even if other player have sometimes to wait at first because of low playerbase in green at the moment, the low scale fights would be solved when more players come and keep doing wars. Also there are 3 nations to fight. If blue has that many players, they could split the players and go on green and red on same time. they would be still twice as mcuh as enemy, but at least not 5+ blues against 1 enemy.

Also i think better give that 6 or 9 players a good time and experience in wars, than allowing 10 blues to fight 1-2 green and destroy the fun for all players. Also with that u just kill the motivation to even start a fight. The players just do that kind of wars 1-2 times, see how bad and unbalanced it is, and log out again. A new player who logs in, see nothing is going on, is also maybe trying one war, get again fight a zerg and log out after that. U cant get a growing playerbase ingame without a balance of playerbase in wars, because even if they fix the rewards and war motivation, the 1:10 fights will just keep the wars dead.

#5 Nyxa, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017